Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Two Fat Ladies

This past February, I came home around 2:30 AM after a fun Saturday night, crashed on the couch, turned on the TV, and stumbled across the first episode of "Two Fat Ladies" that I'd ever seen. For anyone uninitiated, it was a cooking show made in the 90's about these two (fat) British ladies who each week travel to a different location and cook stuff there. The cooking isn't entirely the point though; they're fantastically garrulous, hilarious ladies, and the real pleasure of the show is their conversation. Even better, they travel everywhere on a motorcycle and sidecar!
You can get an idea of what it's like from this trailer for the DVD release of the show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOBxo1axYaw

I was so taken with the show I just had to do an illustration.


I tried to pay tribute to both their kicking motorcycle ways and their cooking, as well as their personalities and chemistry. I hope you enjoy- and I totally recommend the show if you haven't seen it.

No comments: