Thursday, May 26, 2011

Comic Sketches

One of the things I'm working on right now is a short comic, about 5-6 pages, about a couple of teens in suburbia and their desultory relationship, which I'm currently pencilling. I'll be showing more progress, but for now here are some character sketches.

For the girl, I had a pretty clear idea how I wanted her to look. These sketches were mostly about figuring out body shape and proportion... the bad sketches are noted as such. The ideal is something more along the lines of the crying one.

I was less sure about the guy, so I had to go through various little heads before I found what I liked. Finding the right balance of cute and sketchy was one of the main concerns. You can also see one of my sketches of the two of them together, getting an idea for their proportional relationship. He's older so he's taller with a smaller head, etc, etc...

More to come!

No comments: